In this brief blog, we are going to talk about the help to buy ISA number.
When referring to the help to buy ISA number we could be referring to your personal help to buy ISA number or the help to buy ISA phone number.
We will cover both of these topics.
Your personal help to buy ISA number
When filling in your help to buy first -time buyer declaration you will need to provide your help to buy ISA number.
The help to buy ISA number isn’t a number that you will be assigned for the help to buy scheme but rather it refers to the help to buy ISA account number which your help to buy ISA provider may have provided you.
To find your help to buy ISA number you should contact the bank or financial institution who you held your help to buy ISA with.
The help to buy ISA phone number
How do you contact the help to buy?
There are different contact details for the different help to buy agents- we have listed all of them below.
Help to Buy London
Help to Buy North West
Help to Buy North East, Yorkshire & the Humber
Help to Buy Midlands
0345 850 2050
Help to Buy South West
0300 100 0021
Help to Buy South
0800 456 11 88
Homes for Londoners
0800 088 5935
Help to Buy East and South East
Alternative Government schemes
You should also consider the numerous alternative government schemes for first-time buyers and home movers which may be able to help you get on the property ladder.
- Lifetime ISA– gives you a government bonus of £1,000 if you save the maximum £4,000 a year.
- Help to buy equity loan- gives you up to 40% as a 5-year interest-free equity loan. You begin to pay interest at 1.75 % after the fifth year and 1% plus RPI for every year thereafter.
- Shared ownership– You can buy between 25% to 75% of the property initially with a shared ownership mortgage and then buy more using a staircasing mortgage.
- Armed forces help to buy– similar to the help to buy equity loan but specific for the armed forces personnel giving them an increased chance of acceptance.
- Rent to buy– This is the right to buy scheme on which this guide is currently discussing. A different marketing name is just used. Watch out for this when shopping to avoid missing out on eligible properties due to confusion.
- Right to buy– allows you to buy your home at a discount price.
- Preserved right to buy– same as above.
- Right to acquire- same as above.
Depending on where you live, you may also be able to take advantage of home buying schemes provided by your local council. Example: In Norwich, the local councils provide the Norwich home options scheme.
Using a mortgage broker
You may want to consider using an independent mortgage broker to get a mortgage along with your help to buy ISA.
Mortgage brokers are important as they can access mortgage products from across the whole of the market in some cases. This could be over 11,000 mortgage products. This may have some advantages than going directly to a mortgage lender.
A mortgage broker will look to understand your financial circumstances and then provide recommendations on which mortgage products may be suitable for you.
After giving you these mortgage recommendations, most mortgage brokers will seek your consent to apply for a mortgage in principle. This will allow you to shop for your home easier as more estate agents and sellers may take you seriously or it will give you confidence that your remortgage is indeed a possibility before you make a full mortgage application. Once you have found a home you want to buy or are satisfied with the mortgage offer for your remortgage then the mortgage broker will then look to get you a mortgage offer.
This will come with a key facts illustration document which details out the features of your mortgage including how much you will pay per month if there are any limits such as early repayment fees, or annual overpayment limits.
If you are happy with everything you can then go on to secure your mortgage with the help of a conveyancer. Your conveyancer will manage the legal searches on the property to ensure there aren’t any issues with it, they will oversee the sales agreement to ensure it is in your best interest, they will manage the transfer of mortgage funds, exchange contracts with the seller or their conveyancer and set a completion date with the seller or their conveyancer.
In this brief guide, we discussed how to find or get the Help to buy ISA number. If you have any comments or questions please let us know.
If you need financial advice and you live in the UK then you could contact the Money Advice service over the phone or via chat for impartial advice.
You can also contact the debt charity “Step Change” if you are in debt and need help.