An example of what you could pay on a 90,000 mortgage could be: £90,000 over 25 Years at a rate of 5.5 % will incur a monthly repayment of £552.68 and a total repayable of £165,804
How much deposit do I need for a 90000 mortgage?
A 90,000 mortgage will mean you have at least between 5% – 20% for a mortgage deposit. This means if you want a 90,000 mortgage you already have between £4,000 and £16,000 for your mortgage deposit.
This will be the first basis of your affordability of a 90,000 mortgage.
You can improve your mortgage affordability by using one of the governments first-time buyer schemes.
This will mean you can put down a smaller mortgage deposit or be eligible for a reduction in the property price.
- Lifetime ISA– gives you a government bonus of £1,000 if you save the maximum £4,000 a year.
- Help to buy ISA– gives a maximum bonus us £3,000 if you save the maximum allowed of £12,000. Before you get either you should consider which is better. Lifetime ISA vs Help to buy ISA.
- Help to buy equity loan- gives you up to 40% as a 5-year interest-free equity loan. You begin to pay interest at 1.75 % after the fifth year and 1% plus RPI for every year thereafter.
- Shared ownership- You can buy between 25% to 75% of the property initially with a shared ownership mortgage and then buy more using a staircasing mortgage.
- Armed forces help to buy- similar to the help to buy equity loan but specific for the armed forces personnel giving them an increased chance of acceptance.
- Rent to buy- This is the right to buy scheme on which this guide is currently discussing. A different marketing name is just used. Watch out for this when shopping to avoid missing out on eligible properties due to confusion.
- Right to buy- allows you to buy your home at a discount price.
- Preserved right to buy- same as above.
- Right to acquire- same as above.
The second basis of affordability for a 90,000 mortgage will be your salary.
Most mortgage lenders use your annual salary x a multiple to see how much they could lend to you.
If you want a 90,000 mortgage you will need your salary when multiplied by a multiple of 3 to be at least 90,000.
Most lenders will use multiples of between 3 and 5.
What do the repayments on a 90,000 mortgage look like?
Mortgage repayments on a 90,000 mortgage will differ based on lenders and it wouldn’t be wise to simply provide details that can change at any moment here.
To see if you are eligible for a 90,000 mortgage, speak to a mortgage broker.