This blog post gives you information about voicemail numbers for T-Mobile, it explains all the steps for setting up voicemail for your T-Mobile. It also covers details about accessing the voicemail on the Visual voicemail app of T-Mobile. you will also get an idea about checking the voicemails on desktop and any other device.
How to Set up your voicemail using a dial pad?
To set up the voicemail number using a dial pad, press and hold the 1 key or dial 123 on your device dial pad to call and connect to your voicemail.
you will be asked for your password while setting it up. By default, it is the last four digits of your mobile number.
After using the default password, create a new password.
- Your password can be any 4-to-7-digit code.
- Select a password that you can remember easily, but is difficult for others to guess.
When prompted, record your greeting and name. Your voicemail is now ready to use.
How to set or change Your Voicemail Greeting
- Press and hold the 1 key or dial 123 on your device dial pad to call and connect to your voicemail.
- To go to mailbox settings press “*”
- Now go to the greetings menu by pressing “3”.
- Now to record a new greeting press “2”
- After recording press “#” to finish it.If you want to rerecord press “2”.
- Once you are happy with your greeting, press “1” to set the greeting.
How to check voicemails by using a T-Mobile voicemail number?
- On your T-Mobile just go to the phone app, Press and hold the 1 key, or dial 123 on your device dial pad to call and connect to your voicemail. You should be taken to your voice mailbox.
- You can also dial 1-805-637-7249., if the above option doesn’t work. Once you call on that number, you just need to enter your phone number to access your voicemails and voicemail settings.
- After greetings, you will be asked to enter the password of your voice mail account.
keypad options to access different features of voicemail
Listen to the message:
- # – Skip/Next message
- 1 – Replay message
- 2 – Forward message
- 3 – Send reply
- 4 – Print fax
- 5 – Date/Time info
- 7 – Delete message (Press 1 to Undelete the message)
- 8 – Return call
- 9 – Save message
- # – Group list
- 1 – Send
- 2 – Review message
- 3 – Delete & rerecord
- 4 – Delivery options
- 1 – Play greeting
- 2 – Record greeting
- 3 – Greeting group
- 4 – Record name as a fromfromfromgreetingfrom
- 5 – Phone number as greeting
- 1 – Group lists
- 3 – Playback options
- 4 – Fax options
- 6 – Standard/Short prompts
- 1 – Change password
- 2 – Enable/Disable password
These menu options are available while you are listening to a message
- 1 – Rewind
- 2 – Pause
- 3 – Fast forward
- 4 4- Slow down playback
- 6 6 – Speed up playback
For any help, use these key commands.
- 0 – Help
- * * – Main menu
- * – Cancel/Back up
How to use visual voicemail app on T-Mobile
Other than the traditional voicemail feature the new T-Mobile Phones have a visual voicemail app. This feature lets the user see all the voicemails on the phone without calling the number first.
Users can see the entire list in the visual voicemail feature and easily choose to listen to the selected one. Users can also refer to the time date and length of the call
- By using the app, you will be able to listen to the voice mail, call a voicemail and return a call.
- The app helps you add and edit and contact as well as edit and delete the greeting
- You can keep the notifications ON for the app so that you are notified every time you have a new voicemail, just like mails.
- You can also change the password of your voicemail in the app itself
- Other user-friendly services the app allows are, delete the messages, sorting messages, and syncing the mails.
- T-Mobile users can also save the voicemails on an SD card and also share the messages directly via email.
How to use the voicemail to text option in T-Mobile?
Go to visual voicemail,
Menu > settings > add voicemail to text > continue and tap on Confirm.
You can also opt out from the voicemail to text service by changing the settings.
How can you Access Visual Voicemail from another phone?
you can check your messages when you’re away from your T-Mobile device or otherwise unable to use it. Here’s how:
Step 1: Using another phone, dial your mobile number for which you want to access voicemail.
Step 2: When you hear your voicemail greeting, press * or # to bypass the greeting.
Step 3: Enter your voicemail password when asked.
Step 4: Follow the verbal instructions to listen to your voicemail messages.
To enable this service, you need an active data connection. You need to have either active cellular data or Wi-Fi.
After the initial setup, on the voicemail screen, you will get a message saying that visual voicemail is currently unavailable, along with a button saying call voicemail, this button will help you to dial your voicemail directly.
How to Check Voicemail from your computer
- You can also check your voicemails on your desktop which is a free service.
- You just need to go to T-Mobile and log in by using the Phone option.
- When you try doing it for the first time T-Mobile will send you a verification code on your primary number, which you need to enter to confirm the identity. Once you log in you will see an option called check voice mail. If you are subscribed to multiple lines, you will find the entire list of phone numbers, you can select the phone number you want to access voicemail for.
- You can now view your messages, missed calls, and SMS, the web browser also lets you make calls.
So this blog post gave detailed information about setting up your voicemail, accessing voicemail using voicemail number, all the keys to help you access different features on voicemail. The reader will also understand how the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app works. The blog post covered the options of accessing voicemail on another mobile in case of emergency and also on the computer by logging in to your T-Mobile account.
Frequently asked questions:
How do I activate my T-Mobile voicemail?
Press and hold the Key 1 on your Dial Pad and follow the instructions prompted to you like entering the password, and setting up greetings.
Why can’t I hear my voicemail?
By using the phone app on your device just confirm if your voicemail settings are correct. Go to voicemail option in settings, check and fix carrier settings. If this doesn’t work contact your carrier.
Where can I find my voicemail number?
Go to the home screen and tap the Menu key.
Go to settings > Call settings > Voicemail > Voicemail > view the voicemail number
Why is my voicemail number different than my phone number?
Your voicemails are not saved on your device, they are saved on the server of your carrier. The voicemail number keeps track of the voicemailbox in which your voicemails are saved. Your number is attached to the voicemail box storing your voicemails.
How do I fix my full voicemail?
To fix your voicemail when it is full, Call your number or long-press 1 on your dial pad. Press 7 at each message to delete.
Or if you use visual voicemail, you can directly go to the voice mail option from the phone app, select the mail you want to delete, and tap on the delete option.
Does voice mail have a time limit?
No, there’s no limit to the duration of a voice message in T-Mobile, But you can go to settings and set a time limit.
Is there a charge for T-Mobile visual voicemail?
No, the visual voicemail feature is completely free to use.
T-Mobile support, plan and feature
T-mobile voicemail: number,app,setup,password
How to Access T-Mobile Voice Mail, By Stephanie Faris, March 3, 2019
How to activate T-Mobile voice mail.On Sept 16 2021