This blog post will provide you with a piece of information about using a T-mobile phone on the Ultramobile network. It covers topics like eligibility criteria to unlock the T-mobile phones and compatibility checking. It will also provide you with the most commonly used Ultramobile phone plans.
Does Ultramobile work with T-mobile phones?
If the T-mobile device is unlocked, you can use it on the Ultramobile network. You need to check if the device is compatible with the Ultramobile network. To check the compatibility just visit the official Ultramobile website.
What is Ultramobile?
Ultramobile is MVNO ( mobile virtual network operator). That means Ultramobile doesn’t have its towers, but it has rights to use towers to T-Mobile. It is an American MVNO that was founded in 2011. It offers prepaid mobile services on the T-mobile network
Key features of Ultramobile
- It is MVNO which operates on a T-mobile network, so nationwide good coverage can be availed.
- It offers no-contract prepaid services.
- No activation charges.
- A credit check is not required.
- BYOP( Bring your phone) service is available.
- Offers international texting and unlimited calling.
- Offers multimonth discounts.
- Supports Wi-Fi calling as well as visual voicemail.
- Compatible with 5G network.
Ultramobile phone plans
Ultramobile offers no credit check monthly prepaid plans. All phone plans include international calling and texting. The summary of Ultramobile prepaid plans is shown in the following table.
|PLAN||TEXT AND MINUTES||DATA||PRICE/ MONTH||PRICE/YEAR||HOTSPOT DATA|
|250 MB||Unlimited||250 MB||$10||$120||No|
|2 GB||Unlimited||2 GB||$14||$168||Yes|
|3 GB||Unlimited||3 GB||$20||$240||Yes|
|6 GB||Unlimited||6 GB||$25||$300||Yes|
|15 GB||Unlimited||15 GB||$30||$360||Yes|
It also offers prepaid plans with family discounts. You will get 10 GB of Hotspot data with each plan. The following table shows the summary of no credit check family discount plan
|NUMBER OF LINES||PRICE/MONTH||TEXT AMD MINUTES||DATA|
The network coverage depends on your location. Ultramobile operates on a T-mobile network. The 4G network of T-Mobile covers 59% of the country. T-mobile network carrier provides good coverage in city areas and suburbs.
The T mobile network average speed is only about 31 Mbps. On average, the T-Mobile network provides much faster 5G speeds compared to its major competitors. If you have a 5G mobile with a T mobile network, you can expect internet speeds of about 85 Mbps.
The 3G network coverage of T-Mobile is only 21%. The coverage is spotty in some areas. In certain areas, you need to have a handset that will support both CDMA and GSM services.
How can I activate the Ultramobile sim card?
You can activate an ultramobile sim card by calling customer care or by using a live chat option. You can also use any one of the following methods.
- By visiting the store
- Using text message
- Online activation
By visiting the store
Using the ‘store locator tool”, you can find the Ultramobile store near your location. You can instantly activate your sim card by visiting the store. You can also renew the monthly mobile plan.
Using text message
Insert the sim card and text GOGO and add the zip code to the number 6700. This method is only used for the activation of a sim card and not for transferring your phone number.
Make use of the following steps for online activation of a sim card.
- Open the website “www.ultramobile.com”
- Get an image of the sim card and then enter the activation number.it is an 11 digit number that is located on the backside of your sim card.
- Follow the online steps.
Steps to use T-Mobile phone with Ultramobile
The following steps are used to activate your phone with the Ultramobile network.
- Ensure that the cell phone is unlocked.
- Check out the compatibility of your phone using the IMEI number
- Select an appropriate cell phone plan from the Ultramobile
- Activate the SIM card and insert it into the T-Mobile phone.
General eligibility criteria to unlock T-mobile phone
One can unlock T-mobile phone devices, provided that the following criteria are satisfied.
- The cell phone must be sold by T-mobile.
- The cell phone should not be reported as blocked or lost.
- An account concerned with the device must be active.
- Depending upon prepaid or postpaid plans, the device should satisfy all necessary unlock requirements.
- You cannot unlock more than two lines in a year.
- All your bills must be clear.
What are unlock eligibility criteria for T-mobile phones on postpaid plans?
If your T-mobile device is on a postpaid plan then the following criteria must be satisfied.
- An account concerned with the device must be active for at least 40 days.
- If your device is financed by T-mobile then all payments must be cleared.
- The account balance must be zero if your cellphone is associated with the canceled account.
- You may need to submit the proof of purchase of the device
What are unlock eligibility criteria for T-mobile phones on prepaid plans?
- An account concerned with the device must be active for at least 365 days.
- If the device is not active for at least 365 days then a prepaid account for every line must have a minimum of $100 in refills, along with this you should have purchased the device a minimum of 14 days before applying for unlocking.
- You cannot unlock more than two lines in a year.
- You may need to submit the proof of purchase of the device
Unlocking T-Mobile device for Military Personnel
- For T-Mobile customers in the Military, the device will be unlocked on request if the person is relocated outside T-mobile coverage.
- This unlocking service is applicable even if the device is in the locking period after the activation.
How to Unlock a T-mobile device?
To unlock a T-mobile phone, you need to enter an unlock code. The following steps are used to unlock the T-mobile device.
- First, check whether your cell phone is eligible for unlocking.
- Request customer care for unlock code.
- Insert a blocked SIM and switch on the device.
- Press the select key and enter unlock code.
Steps to unlock different T-Mobile devices
We will discuss the unlocking steps for different devices.
- First, check whether you have satisfied all eligibility criteria.
- Then contact T-Mobile customer support to submit a form for unlocking your device.
- Once you unlock your Device, T-Mobile’s site provides a guide for using your phone with other network carriers.
- Check that you are connected to the internet or T- mobile network.
- Go to your setting App and follow the steps on your Device.
For Samsung phones
- Tap Connections
- Go to More Connection Settings
- Select the Unlock option.
For One Plus mobile
- First Tap Wi-Fi and internet
- Then select SIM and network
- Finally, select the Advanced option or Network Unlock option.
For LG phones
- First tap Network and internet.
- Then select Mobile networks.
- Finally, select the Network Unlock option and then click on select Continue.
For T-Mobile Revvlry phone
- First tap Network & Internet option
- Then go for Mobile network
- Finally, select the Advanced option and then the Network Unlock option.
An important step is that, on any device, select the Permanent Unlock option to unlock your phone and then restart the device.
Unlock using Mobile Device Unlock App
T-mobile has already installed the “DEVICE UNLOCK APP”.
Following steps are used to unlock the T-mobile device using per installed app.
- Select the ‘make’ of the mobile phone which is locked to T-mobile and then use “ Device Unlock App Service”.
- You will receive an email that will inform you that the “IMEI” number of your phone is registered on the T-mobile server for unlocking.
- Insert a new SIM card and select the “permanent unlock” option on the device unlock app.
- A pictorial representation to unlock T-mobile device is as follows
How to use T-Mobile Unlock Service?
Outside of T-Mobile service to unlock your phone, there are different paid services to unlock it for you.
If you do not meet the T-mobile family mobile service’s carrier eligibility criteria, you can go for these paid unlock services. Though these services are legal gray areas.
These services are hassle-free, you just need to provide them with your IMEI number (International mobile equipment identifier). You can get it by using the following steps.
- iPhone – Settings > General > About then finding the “IMEI” number.
- Android – Settings > About Phone > Status then finding the “IMEI” number.
How can you check the compatibility of your device?
Even if you have an unlocked phone, you need to check the compatibility of your device. Use the IMEI number to check whether your device is compatible with Ultramobile or not. If you wish to confirm whether your T-mobile device will be fully functional on Ultramobile service, use the following steps.
- Open “willmyphonework.net”
- Enter the model number of your phone.
- Click on the carrier option and select Ultramobile.
Below are other T-Mobile articles you may be interested in:
This blog explains to you all the ways by which you can use a T-Mobile phone on Ultramobile. This blog gives you details about unlocking the T-mobile phone, checking the compatibility of your phone device. It also enlights the major cellphone plans of Ultramobile.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs): Does Ultramobile work with T-mobile phones?
Can you use an Ultramobile sim card on an unlocked phone?
Yes, you can use an Ultramobile sim card for a domestically unlocked phone. On the official Ultramobile website there is a list of all the devices which are compatible with Ultramobile sim cards, once unlocked.
What is stored on Ultramobile SIM?
The Ultramobile SIM card can store contacts, a few text messages, and some other carrier-related information. Other media files and documents are not stored.
Can you use T-mobile phones on other networks?
Yes, you can. If the T-Mobile phone is unlocked and compatible then it should work with Metro. Most latest phones from T mobile are compatible but you must check the compatibility with the carrier before purchasing.
How to check IMEI?
To check the IMEI number of your device following steps are used.
- From the Home screen, select Main Menu.
- Scroll to and select Settings.
- Scroll to and select Phone Settings.
- Scroll to and select Phone info.
- Scroll to and select Version info.
- Scroll to and view the IMEI.
You can find the number in your phone’s settings. Here’s
Go to Settings > About Phone, then Status.
- Windows phone
Go to Settings > About, then More information.
Go to Settings > General, then About.
On the dial pad screen, press *#06#, and you will see the IMEI. Some phones require you to press the send key after the code.
How can you check whether your phone is eligible for unlocking?
You can check whether your phone is eligible for unlocking by using the following steps.
- Open the official website of T-Mobile and log in to My T-Mobile.
- Open the accounts tab and click on the line which you want to unlock.
- Select the “The check device unlock status” option.
- If the phone is eligible for unlocking then it will be displayed below the picture of your cell phone.
Does T-Mobile unlock phones for free?
Yes, you can get your T-Mobile unlocked for free if the device satisfies the unlocking eligibility criteria, like it was sold by T-Mobile, has no dues, and satisfies the contract.
What kind of phones work on Ultra Mobile? 23 March 2017
By Angelo Ilumba WhistleOut
Ultra Mobile Cell Phone Plans Review 2022
A cheap way to stay in touch with friends and relatives across the globe.
Ultra Mobile vs T-Mobile in 2022
Ultra Mobile In 2022: What You Need To Know
T-Mobile, support devices, T-Mobile Device unlock app
How to unlock a phone from T-Mobile to change carriers or travel abroad with your phone, RON LYONS, JR, AUG 19, 2021,