Can you use any T-Mobile phone with Walmart family mobile?
This blog post tells you if you can use any T-Mobile phone with a Walmart Family mobile, it will help you understand how Walmart and T-Mobile are connected and how easily you can switch between the two.
Can you use any T-Mobile phone with Walmart family mobile
Yes, you can use a T-Mobile phone with Walmart family mobile as Walmart Family in a mobile virtual network operator which uses T-Mobile’s network. So you can easily use any T-Mobile phone with Walmart family without even unlocking the device.
What is the Walmart family mobile?
It is MVNO that gives affordable services to the Walmart family device users by using T-Mobile’s network. T-mobiles is a GSM network carrier and not a CDMA network carrier. GSM stands for global system for mobile, and it is second-generation cellular technology. T-mobile is a GSM network carrier that is used by Walmart Family Device for mobile voice and data services. CDMA is code division multiple access technology.
Key features of the Walmart family mobile
- Walmart family device users by using T-Mobile’s network, so you can avail good network coverage.
- The phone plans are simple and affordable.
- It offers no-contract phone plans.
- All phone plans offer mobile hotspots
- The phone plan starts at $ 24.88 per month with 2GB of full-speed data. More data can be added by paying $ 9.88 per GB.
- For family mobile plans, additional lines are cheaper.
How to check the coverage map for T-Mobile:
- Go to link https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/coverage-map on your computer or mobile phone.
- When prompted type the area or zip code and press enter, you also have a dropdown list showing all the areas to choose from
- You will get the map showing the coverage in different shades of pink
- You can move the map; you just need to tap and hold to drag.
- To get coverage information in detail you just need to tap on the location and it gives you a pop-up.
- To zoom in use +, to zoom out use – or just pinch
- If you want to see the 4G LTE coverage just switch off the 5G selection at the top.
Will CDMA phones work on Walmart family devices?
No, a CDMA phone will not work on a Walmart family device, because the Walmart family device makes use of the T-Mobile network which is GSM. If a cell phone is locked then it can be unlocked on another network, but it should be compatible with the technology used by the phone.
What carriers are compatible with Walmart family mobile?
Walmart family mobile requires T-Mobile a GSM phone which is unlocked, an activation kit,
and an unlimited service plan by Walmart Family mobile. If you face any issues, try changing
the access point name settings on your phone.
Steps to use any other phones with the Walmart family mobile
The following steps are used to transfer straight talk phones to the Walmart family mobile.
- Check that your phone device is unlocked.
- Check the compatibility of your phone.
- Select a phone plan.
- Purchase sim activation kit.
- Sometimes you need to change the APN settings of the device.
How to check the compatibility of your device?
Following are major requirements for your phone to be compatible with the Walmart family
- The phone device must be an unlocked GSM phone.
- They should be capable of operating at 1900 MHZ frequency.
- Depending on your location, you can avail of LTE services you need band 2, band 4, or band 12.
- To check the compatibility of your device, text BYOP to 611611.
What is International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI)?
IMEI is a special identifier associated with Global Mobile Communications System (GSM) phones IMEI is used to identify a device on a cellular network. GSM phones are assigned with 15–17-digit identifiers. It is your device’s social security number. It identifies the device uniquely and the network it is being used on.
How to get the IMEI number?
The simplest way is, you will get an IMEI number on the label of the mobile battery. If it is
not clear then use the following steps to retrieve the IMEI number of your phone.
- Dial *#06# on your phone device.
- Click on the “settings” and then click on “General”.
- Click on the “change device” link then select your device and enter “find IMEI number”.
- The article will be displayed for your device, follow the instructions.
Below are other T-Mobile articles you may be interested in:
This blog post addressed the topic, “Can you use any T-Mobile phone with Walmart family mobile. It gives you information about the networks T-Mobile and Walmart Family use and how you can easily switch between the two. The blog post also outlined the steps required to use any other phone with a Walmart family mobile.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs): Can you use any T-Mobile phone with Walmart family mobile
Can you check your carrier with IMEI?
IMEI provides only device-related information and not any personal information of the owner.
But it does provide a location and some network-related information.
How to check whether the cell phone is already unlocked?
- Some network carriers provide cell phones which are already unlocked. To check whether
- your cell phone is already unlocked or not there are some simple methods.
- Call your current network carrier and ask for the information, whether your cell phone is
- locked or unlocked.
- If you have a GSM cell phone then the simplest technique is; to remove the original sim
- card, insert another SIM card and check whether you can make calls or send a text. if you
- are in a position to make a call or send a text then your phone is unlocked.
What network does the Walmart Family device use?
Walmart Family phone is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO). It is a prepaid service that uses T-Mobile’s network. The bill should be paid before you start using the service.
Are Walmart mobile phones unlocked?
No, Walmart family mobile phones are locked when at the time of purchase, Walmart Family Mobile follows the same unlocking policy as TracFone Wireless as it is owned by TracFone.
Can I unlock a Walmart prepaid phone?
No, you can not unlock your prepaid Walmart family mobile device as it is branded by the manufacturer. Your device can only be used by one brand.
Does Walmart Family Mobile Support WIFI call?
Yes, Walmart Family supports Wifi calling, you can make calls, send and receive messages on WIFI.
What carriers are compatible with Walmart family mobile?
Walmart family mobile requires T-Mobile a GSM phone which is unlocked, an activation kit, and an unlimited service plan by Walmart Family mobile. If you face any issues, try changing the access point name settings on your phone.
The 9 Best Straight Talk Phones to Buy at Walmart in 2022, By Yoona Wagener Updated on May 5, 2021
How to Unlock a Phone on Every Carrier in 2021 | Digital Trends retrieved from
Walmart family mobile terms and conditions
Walmart Family Mobile Coverage Map in 2022