This blog post tells if you can trade your apple watch at T-Mobile, what are the things you need to take care of before trading your device, and also explains the device protection plans T-Mobile offers.
Can I trade in my apple watch at T-Mobile?
Yes, you can trade in your apple watch at T-Mobile. You can check if the device matches the required terms and conditions. If the device fulfills the eligibility criteria you will be given an offer. Depending on the estimated cost by T-Mobile you can feel free to accept or reject the offer
How to check the estimate:
- Go to https://www.t-mobile.com/resources/phone-trade-in
- Enter the device carrier, device manufacturer, and device model.
- Click on get estimate, you will be given an estimate depending on the details filled by you.
What do you need before trading in your apple watch?
- Unpair the watch from your iPhone.
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your phone.
- Go to My watch option
- Select the watch name
- Go to the Information tab
- Select Unpair Apple watch, also remove carrier plan if any.
- When asked enter the password to deactivate the activation lock.
- Select confirm.
What to do if you have returned the Apple watch already?
- You can deactivate the activation lock on iCloud.com and also erase the data.
- Login to iCloud
- Select the watch from devices
- Select Erase Apple watch and follow the instructions to finish the deleting process.
How to trade in a T-Mobile device:
You need to be a customer of T-Mobile to be able to use their trade-in service. Once you are eligible you are qualified to do one trade in each month per line.
Online trade-in :
- You can trade-in your device online by following the steps below:
- You need to log in to your T-Mobile account.
- It will ask you a few questions related to your device like a model, condition carrier, etc after answering the questions you will get the quotation.
- You can complete the order and ship your watch to T-Mobile.
- After you receive your new device, you will be given a month to ship your old Apple watch.
- As the trade-in is online, it’s your responsibility to print the shipping label, pack the device and mail it safely as you don’t want the device to be damaged as it will affect the trade-in offer.
- You can track the status of your trade-in after shipping the device on T-Mobile’s website.
- Now once the device is received by T-Mobile it will be examined to a trade-in offer is made.
- This offer might deviate from the offer made to you online as the initial estimate offered on the website is given considering the best condition of the device, any changes in that will be adjusted in the offer
- If you are unhappy with the offer you can decline the offer and ask for the old device back, similarly you can decide to keep or return the new device.
- It is always a good option to be in touch with a T-Mobile representative to smoothen the procedure.
- A less hassle-free way of trading in your Apple watch is to visit the nearby T-Mobile store, as you will be clear with the estimate from the start.
- The T-Mobile representative will examine the watch and give you the estimate depending on the condition of the device.
- You can either accept or decline the offer.
- Once you accept the offer either hand over the Apple watch right away or you can choose to ship it later.
- If you decide to ship it later, it will be reevaluated once received by T-Mobile and might affect the estimation value because of any shipment damage.
Can You Trade In a Cracked device to T-Mobile?
- You can trade in cracked devices to T-Mobile but they will be evaluated at a lower price.
- The price that you are shown on the T-Mobile site https://www.t-mobile.com/resources/phone-trade-in is for the device in good working condition.
- You cannot expect the same price after a physical evaluation of the Apple watch with a cracked screen.
- If your Apple watch is damaged or has a cracked screen it is better to get it repaired before you trade-in.
If you don’t want to trade in instead want to get the device replaced or repaired T-Mobile offers protection<360> plan.
What’s Protection <360>
- T-Mobile gives you a replacement for the lost and stolen device.
- As T-Mobile has promised in-store repair and replacement in most cities, you can visit the store to get the device repaired or replaced. You can file a claim before visiting the expert at the store. This will save time and make sure the staff is ready with the equipment for repair.
- To file a claim, you can just Visit https://mytmoclaim.com
● Call Assurant at 1-866-866-6285
● After filing the claim just schedule an appointment at T-Mobile device service stores near your place.
Things you need to be ready with before you apply for the claim:
- All the details related to the device you are claiming for, like model serial number, damage related details as well, like what and when happened
- Have the credit card and checking info ready, if the service fee is applicable.
- You also need your T-Mobile PIN, user ID, and password as you will have to enter information related to the claimant and primary account holder.
- If your claim is approved, you will have to give your shipping address for the shipment of your replacement device.
Below are other T-Mobile articles you may be interested in:
This blog post gave all the information about how you can trade-in your apple watch at T-Mobile, steps by which you can find the estimated cost of your watch, and the things to take care of before trading in your device.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs ): Can I trade in my apple watch at T-Mobile?
Is my phone eligible for trade-in?
If your device is not blacklisted and is in a good condition your phone is probably eligible to be traded in.
Can I trade in a phone I’m still paying off T-Mobile?
Yes, you can trade-in your T-Mobile device even if you still owe them money, you can trade-in and keep making the payments monthly or you can just pay off the device if you don’t want to be blacklisted.
What does T-Mobile do with traded in phones?
T-Mobile refurbishes the device and might resell it as a used device.
How do I know if I’m eligible for an upgrade to T-Mobile?
You can go to your T-Mobile account select the “Upgrade phone option. You can check if the device is eligible and if you satisfy the criteria you will be allowed to upgrade your phone if it’s been a year since your last update.
Does T-Mobile price match watch?
T-Mobile offers you a price as it is advertised if it matches the eligibility criteria and satisfies the conditions.
What all services are included in T-Mobile’s basic device protection?
The basic T-Mobile Device protection plan offers accidental damage, liquid damage crack screen, lost device, and stolen device. And unlimited screen protector replacement.
Trade-in your cell phone.
Don’t buy an Apple Watch 7 until you learn how the trade-in program works
Can you trade in an Apple watch at T Mobile?
How to Trade in Your Apple Watch — The Ultimate Guide
Support, devices, Protection 360, and Device protection
T-Mobile’s Trade-In Program: Love It or Leave It?, Updated: January 31, 2022, Posted by Amber Freeman