Can I change my phone number on T-mobile?
This blog post will give you an understanding of changing the T-Mobile number. It will guide you to all the ways and steps by which you can get your number changed with T-Mobile which are very easy. You will also get clarity about if you will be charged for the change of number service.
Can I change my phone number on T-mobile?
Yes, You can change your T-Mobile number by either contacting their customer service or visiting the T-Mobile store. You can ask them to change your number by providing the required details. T-Mobile users can change their number once a year if needed.
How to change your number with T-Mobile
You might want to change your number when you change your job, change the place you live, or just to avoid spam, whatever the reason is, T-Mobile makes it very easy for you to change the number when you request it. Before changing make sure to backup all the data associated with your number and after changing update the number at all your social media accounts and banks.
Things you need to know before changing your T-Mobile number?
- You can get your T-Mobile number changed for free once a year. If you are not a prepaid customer, $15 will be charged for any other changes, which will be added to your current bill.
- Before changing your number make sure to save all your important voicemails as the voicemail of your old phone number gets deleted. You can easily set up your voicemail box by visiting the official T-Mobile page once your new number is activated.
- The number doesn’t get changed instantly; it takes around 3-4 hours.
- It will take around 3 days after changing the number, for the caller ID systems to update the calling information.
- Make sure to update your new number wherever you had linked it like bank accounts, any other social media, and notification platforms.
- You will not be able to access T-Mobile.com by your new number for up to 3 days of changing.
- All the information related to your old number like call records will be deleted on T-Mobile.com.
- The old number will be held by T-Mobile for 45-90 days before it is made available for reuse.
changing your number with T-Mobile:
If you want to change your T-Mobile number for any reason, you can do that very easily.
You can apply for changing your number by either calling the T-Mobile customer care service or by visiting the T-Mobile store.
By Contacting the T-Mobile customer care service:
- Dial 611 or 18777460909 to talk to the T-Mobile representative. Normally, it takes hardly any seconds for them to receive it.
- Make sure to follow the voice-prompted instructions so that you would get connected to a representative.
- Inform the representative that you wish to change your number.
- Be ready with all the account details, which can be asked by the representative for confirming the T-Mobile number change process.
- If the details you share are appropriate and your account is eligible for a number change, the request for number change will be confirmed and you will be able to use a new number in 3-4 hours.
- You need to make sure that you haven’t changed your number in the last year.
By Visiting the T-Mobile Store:
- You can also visit a T-Mobile store to change your T-Mobile number.
- Find the nearest T-Mobile store from your location and go there to apply for a T-Mobile number change.
- The staff will help you with the changing process if the details you share are appropriate and your account is eligible for a number change, the request for number change will be confirmed and you will be able to use a new number in 3-4 hours.
How can I change my T-Mobile number online?
For now, you can not change your T-Mobile number online. you either need to call the T-Mobile customer care service or you need to visit the T-Mobile store to change your number.
Can I get my New number again?
The old number will be held by T-Mobile for 45-90 days before it is made available for reuse.
So if you are planning to change your number you need to keep in mind that after 45 days of holding the number T-Mobile will redistribute it and that number will be given to any other user.
Below are other T-Mobile articles you may be interested in:
This blog post will help you with the ways by which you can change your T-Mobile number. The article gives you information about the eligibility criteria for your account to apply for a change of number. As mentioned in the blog changing the number is a very easy process, it will be done by your service provider, you just need to make sure to backup all the data associated with your old number.
Frequently asked questions: Can I change my phone number on T-mobile?
How do I change my T-Mobile phone number?
You can change your T-Mobile number by calling their customer care service on 611/ 18777460909 or visiting their store.
Does it cost to change the number with T-Mobile?
You can get your T-Mobile number changed for free once a year. If you are not a prepaid customer, $15 will be charged for any other changes, which will be added to your current bill.
How often can you change your number?
T-Mobile allows number change once a year.
Is it a good idea to change your T-Mobile number?
The user might want to change the number when he changes the job or locality. Some users might want to change it if they are receiving spam calls or from unwanted people. When you change the number, you will have to update your email ID, social media handles, banks to which your old number was linked, and any other subscription services linked to your old account.
Will I be able to retrieve my Voicemails if I change my number with T-Mobile?
No, you will not be able to retrieve your voicemails. Before changing your number make sure to save all your important voicemails as the voicemail of your old phone number gets deleted. You can easily set up your voicemail box by visiting the official T-Mobile page once your new number is activated.
T-Mobile change number: online, on SIM card, David Webb Dec 2021
How to Change a Cell Phone Number for Free, By Adam Tavangaran
How to change your phone number to T-Mobile? Quick guide, By Kevin Woods, Dec 2021
What Happens When You Change Your T-Mobile Number?, By JohnMitchell
Change existing T-Mobile number to a new number
T-Mobile support, change your phone number